Is your Netgear extender won’t connect to internet? You have followed complete Netgear extender setup instructions but still your Netgear WiFi extender failed to connect to Internet. If so, then you don’t need to look further for the solution. Here you will find all the possible reasons behind the ‘Netgear extender connected but no internet’ issue along with the permanent fixes.
So, keep reading!
You can also try the upcoming Netgear extender troubleshooting fixes on the following issues:
- Why can’t my Netgear WiFi extender connect to the internet?
- Failed to connected to internet via WiFi extender.
- Don’t know how to connect Netgear WiFi extender to home network?
- Wireless connection problems with Netgear extender.
Let’s hit the nail.
What’s the Reason Behind Netgear Extender Connected, but No Internet?
If your Netgear WiFi extender is not connecting to internet, then there might be one of the following reasons:
- The network device is not configured properly for WiFi range extender to use.
- Impartial or incomplete Netgear extender setup.
- Your Netgear extender might be not compatible with your home WiFi router or vice-versa.
- The hardware of software of your WiFi extender might be damaged or corrupted.
- Connected cables might be loose.
- High electromagnetic or radio interference are in the path of WiFi extender and router.
- You might have placed your Netgear WiFi extender far from the wireless signal range of your home WiFi router.
- Outdated Netgear extender firmware. Visit mywifiext net login web page to check or download the latest software updates.
- Inadequate power supply.
- The WiFi extender is showing an orange LED.
You might now know the reasons causing WiFi connectivity issues. However, if all the things are going good from your side, then try to underneath steps to fix the intermittent wireless connection.
Fix: Netgear Extender “Connected” but No Internet
Without wasting more time, let’s start the troubleshooting steps:
- Try to place your Netgear extender away from radio interference-creating devices like cordless phones, metal objects, mirrors, water tanks, glasses, microwaves, Bluetooth, etc.
- Check the LED lights of your existing WiFi router and WiFi extender. If the power LED is red, it indicates your WiFi extender is not connected to router.
- A blinking or solid orange LED on your WiFi extender indicates that the router is connected but there is no internet.
- If still the error persists, visit Netgear extender default IP 192.168.1.250 via your web browser and see whether the extender firmware is updated or not.
- Issues not fixed, go for Netgear extender reset. Just press the reset button and bring your Netgear extender default factory settings.
Alternative Method to Fix Netgear Extender Not Connected to Internet
Even after performing the afore-mentioned steps you still are struggling with the issues, then consider the alternative method. That is try to change network wireless channel.
- First of all, connect your Netgear extender to router via an ethernet cable.
- Connect your router to computer.
- Run any web browser and visit mywifiext net web page.
- Enter the default Netgear extender login credentials.
- Visit the SSID network section.
- Change the 2.4GHz to 5GHz SSID network or vice-versa.
- Hit on the ‘Apply’ button to save the final changes.
- Now, recheck the internet connectivity.
So, here you are done with the complete fixes to solve Netgear extender “Connected” but no Internet issues. If still, the problem persists, then get in touch with our experts anytime.