6 Easy Steps to Organise the Perfect Christmas Party
Christmas is just around the corner and it is time that you start organizing for the grand occasion. Be it your room, the gifts, the invitations, the Christmas tree or the upcoming office party – you should start preparing early so that you do not face any trouble later.
To help you go ahead with planning, here are some simple tips that will let you organize the office party in a way that your visitors will remember for a long time to come for all the good reasons and the best part is that you do not have to spend heavily for this.
So just read on and don’t let the idea of party planning lead you to despair.
- Know Who Is Paying and the Budget –Christmas party expenses are paid by some organizations. But this is not the case with every office. So first chalk out whether your office is going to pay or the expense is going to be borne by you. Once you have sorted out the budget and how much you have to spend, the type of the party to be thrown can be determined.
- Choose the Date –It is true that you have to understand and try to hold the party on the best date that most of your colleagues can attend. But at the same time, you also have to keep in mind that the venues get filled up before Christmas and so you have to book them well before time. You can send out an email providing a few suggestions for dates and you can ask for responses by the particular date so that you can start early.
- Establish the kind of Christmas Party That You Are Having – You have to decide the kind of party that you will throw like whether it will be hosted in the afternoon or in the evening, whether it will be a sit down the party or a buffet and whether there will be dancing. You can also involve some prizes for good work during the last year during this time.
- Choose and Decorate the Venue – You can now go for the most vital aspect of the event which is deciding the venue. You should make the choice on the basis of the budget, whether you want the dance floor, or are thinking of including a stage performance or a show. You should keep in mind that accessibility should not be a problem for any person with a disability. The way you decorate the venue depends on the theme of the venue. There are a plethora of themes that you can choose from and the same goes for the music starting from Wild Wet, Christmas hymns, ballroom, circus, spy or the tropical Caribbean.
- Send Out the Invites – Once you have the details you can send the invites to the colleagues. Ensure that you have included the venue address, the dress code, the date and time and the ending time. You should make sure that you get the RSVPs.
- Decide the Menu and Drinks – Remember that not everyone will go for Christmas lunch or dinner. There will also be people who are vegetarians or vegans. So make sure there are options for all. You should decide whether you are going for a buffet or a sit down meal. It is vital that you decide whether to go for the warm mulled wine or sparkling wine. Also think whether you need to pre-order the drinks or put money behind the bar.
Apart from the above, you can also go for furniture hire if your venue does not provide the right pieces of furniture to you. Just like exhibition furniture hire in London can be derived at affordable rates, similarly, you can get these, too, at very reasonable prices that can help you throw the perfect Christmas party without making a dent in your pocket.