With the worsening conditions of the air quality in India, the presence of an air pollution control system in every industry has become very important. Several methods are used to reduce the number of pollutants in the air, such as VOCs and HAPs, which are present in the exhaust air. Some of the commonly used methods are separation, sorptive, catalytic, and thermal processes.
In this blog, we shall discuss how the thermal process is used in Oxi.X RV – a flameless regenerative thermal oxidizer introduced by Dürr to enhance the efficacy of the air pollution control system.
A regenerative thermal oxidizer is an air pollution control equipment specifically designed to decompose Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs), and other airborne pollutants to CO2 water vapor by heating the exhaust air to a very high temperature.
How is Dürr’sOxi.X RV different?
Dürr’sOxi.X RV is one of its kind. It consists of a single bed and functions on a flameless regenerative thermal oxidizer. It has a compact modular design, low maintenance cost, and high efficiency in controlling hazardous air pollutants. This air pollution control system offers high VOCs destruction with high reliability and superior energy efficiency. This system was previously known as Vocsidizer.
Operating principles of Oxi.X RV
The Oxi.X RV – Flameless RTO meets all the environmental rules and regulations while simultaneously offering remarkable energy efficiency and design simplicity. With these features, it provides strong control over eliminating VOCs, HAPs, and odor emitted during the industry’s functioning. In addition, in this air pollution control system, the oxidation reaction (used to process the exhaust air) is entirely secluded as it occurs within the heat exchange media.
The absence of any open flame makes this process free from any by-products formed during flame combustion. As a result, the Oxi.X RV offers effective VOC control with exceptional energy efficiency. Only a tiny amount of supplementary fuel is required to sustain its oxidation cycle once its initial thermal conditions are met. As a result, it gives about 98% of thermal efficiency.
Even if the concentration of VOC is very low, the oxidation process takes place by consuming the latent energy in the solvent. Oxi.X RV comes with a natural gas injection system that provides the entire system with extra fuel if needed. The absence of a burner and a classical combustion chamber in the system helps in reducing the capital and its installation cost. Hence, we can say that its low maintenance can easily result in years of trouble-free operation.
Benefits offered by the Oxi.XRV –
• High and unparalleled efficiency and simplicity due to its internal heat exchangers
• Self-sustenance occurs once the system reaches the operating temperature, this is due to the thermal energy released by oxidizing solvents
• Works on a wide range of solvents, including heavy VOCs due to its high temperature
• Zero NOx production
• Upto 98% nominal heat exchange efficiency + No energy consumption
• Low operating cost
• Operational reliability due to its simple design
• Long life with minimal service cost due to its simple and rugged design
Dürr’sOxi.X RV air pollution control system is a highly suitable system that can be used for a low to medium concentration making it perfect for multiple source installations such as package printing, coating, and odor control. Moreover, it can help reduce energy costs as it consists of an optional secondary heat recovery system for air, hot water, thermal soil, or steam.
Technical specifications of Oxi.X RV – Flameless RTO
• It offers a flow capacity that ranges between – 1,000 to 70,000 nm3/h
• Each installation can be made with a single, twin, or multiple units
• It has a high VOC destruction efficiency which ranges between – 97.5% to 99.7%
• Its thermal efficiency ranges between 95-98 percent depending on the type of media
• Offers supporting energy if required (either gas or electricity)