How to Configure NETGEAR WN3000RPV3 N300 Extender
NETGEAR WiFi Range Extenders are networking devices which extend the existing WiFi range and coverage. There are different models of NETGEAR Extenders available in the market which can prove to be the best devices to remove dead zones. One such extender is NETGEAR WN3000RPV3 N300 Extender. However, some users face issues while configuring this extender. Sensing this need, we have come up with our tutorial on NETGEAR Extender Setup to help you in setting up and configuring WN3000RPV3 N300 Extender. Continue reading.
WN3000RPV3 Extender delivers up to 300Mbps internet speed all over the house or workplace. It is capable of working with any standard wireless router or access point. This extender is perfect for online gaming and video streaming. For better coverage, it comes with external antennas. Best of all, it has a convenient wall-plug design which saves a lot of space. Just set up NETGEAR WN3000RPV3 N300 Extender and get the connectivity you need for smartphones, computers, laptops, iPads etc. What’s more, the device comes with a feature called WPS functionality which allows you to connect to other devices which contain WPS capability.
Before going for New Extender Setup process, make sure to know the proper working of an extender. Let’s have a look at how an extender works:
A wireless extender works like a bridge between a home or office router and wireless smart device. Firstly, it makes a reliable connection with available WiFi network. After that, it transmits its own network which other wireless devices can join easily.
WN3000RPV3 can be configured in two modes: extender mode and access point mode. In the first mode, extender works like a regular extender i.e. it receives signals coming from router and then amplifies them. Alternatively, in the second mode, the extender works like a WiFi hotspot allowing other smart devices like computers, laptops, smartphones and much more to connect with the network.
In this NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender Manual guide, we will discuss both of the methods below:
Configure NETGEAR WN3000RPV3 N300 as an Extender
In order to set up WN3000RPV3 in extender mode, follow the instructions given below:
1. Place the extender in a clean and airy room.
2. Put the extender far away from electrical appliances, metal objects and related devices.
3. Plug it into an electrical outlet.
4. Connect to router network.
5. Open any browser and enter mywifiext website.
6. Click on New Extender Setup button.
7. Doing so will open NETGEAR Genie Setup page.
8. Set the extender switch to extender.
9. Choose the network and click on Next button.
10. The registration page will display.
It is very important to register your extender to get warranty offer as mentioned on the box. If you need any help regarding registration process, dial toll-free 1-888-829-5515 and ask technicians for NETGEAR Extender Support.
Configure NETGEAR WN3000RPV3 N300 as an Access Point
Walk through the steps below to configure WN3000RPV3 in access point mode:
1. Plug the extender into a wall socket.
2. Move the extender switch to access point.
3. Launch a browser and type mywifiext or 192.168.1.250 IP address.
4. Create an account using your email.
5. Next, the setup page will display.
6. Enter username and password for the network.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions and set up your extender.
8. Finally, click on Finish button.
9. After that, connect smart devices to new, extended network.
The name of new and extended network is the same as that of current network but it has _Ext in the end. In case you see all green lights on NETGEAR WN3000RPV3 N300 Extender, it means that it has been configured successfully. But make sure to register the extender with great care. Now, you can enjoy unlimited live streaming of movies and music, play online games, browse the web, shop online, and a lot more.