Are you looking for the Netgear N300 setup Procedure? Here we are giving you the complete guide to set up the Netgear N300 Extender through the Mywifiext.local / mywifiext. But before starting the process we want to tell you about what is Netgear N300 Extender.
A Netgear N300 Extender or any Netgear WiFi Range Extender is a device, which is used to increase the range of WiFi networks with the enhanced signal quality over a distance. An extender repeats a signal from an existing WiFi router or access point. Now let’s move to the setup Process. Check the instructions provided below to guide you about how to set up a Netgear N300 extender.
Netgear N300 setup
Check the instructions below for guidance on how to set up the Netgear N300 Extender.
- First turn on the power of your extender and check the power LED indicator, it should be on and if not, check the power connection again or turn on and Off the switch.
- Turn on the device Wifi and search for the network. Find the extender’s default WiFi network name and connect your device with the extender’s WiFi network. Enter the Password (if Secured) and connect.
- Now you can see a warning message that the Internet is not available but don’t disconnect the WiFi.
- Open a web browser and enter mywifiext.net Mywifiext.local in the address bar.
- Now you can see a New Extender Setup page on your device screen.
- Press the New Extender Setup Button and accept the Terms and conditions by clicking on yes or I Agree Button.
- Choose your admin credential of extender, you can change it or keep it the same.
- You always need these credentials to access your extender’s settings on a web browser.
- We suggest you to remain your User Name same and change your WiFi Network Password.
- Select any two security questions and add its answers. If in case you forget your extender’s credential then you can recover it with the help of these security questions.
- After entering the complete details press the Next Button.
- Now you can see a Message on your Screen “if you would like to use the NETGEAR Genie to help” accept it by pressing Yes or Continue button. After that your extender will search for all the Local WiFi Networks.
- Select the radio buttons for your network’s 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi Network Names (SSID). If you can’t see your networks, Press See more link and find it. After selecting Press the Next Option
- Enter the Password of the existing network and again Press the Next Button.
- Select your extender’s SSIDs and passwords.
- The name used by your extender by defaultly is the name of your existing network with some characters in the end as; for 2.4GHz band it is _2GEXT, for 5GHz band it is _5GEXT and the password will remain the same for the both bands as your existing network.
- After all the settings press the Next button. It can take a few minutes to save and apply your settings.
- Now open the device which you want to connect with mywifiext extender network.
- Open the WiFi settings section of your device and connect it with the new network of your extender.
- After connecting it go back to the browser and you can see a checkbox at the bottom of the page. Select this checkbox and press continues option.
Your extender is ready to use now, you can open it and use it on any device for the hassle fee internet connection. Hope this Netgear N300 setup process will be beneficial for you. If still you have any query or doubt you can contact the Technical Support of Netgear.