The PWD department is the government agency for planning, constructing, maintaining, and repairing all works and buildings funded by the civil works budget on state governments. With the help of this article, you will know about the roles and responsibilities of the pwd minister punjab. Sangrur Vijay Inder Singla is the PWD minister in Punjab.
What is the department under the PWD minister in Punjab?
The Department of Public Works is divided into two divisions: the Department of Water Resources and the Building Organization.
The Public Works Department (PWD) is one of the oldest government service agencies in Punjab. The organization strives to deliver better services to the people by embracing the current neglect. The department is doing its best to deliver better services with this long-term vision. The building organization provides structural safety to all public buildings that use the latest technology and comply with the requirements of the Indian Standard Code. PWD department protects all monuments and heritage buildings under government control by preserving their architectural value, aesthetics history, archaeology, and distinctive symbols.
Department of Public Works on the building organization construction and maintenance of the buildings for government agencies such as school education family health and welfare home (Judge, Transportation, Prison, Fire, and Rescue) agriculture, animal husbandry milking and fishing, tourism and arts, department of culture, department of labour and employment and social welfare. The Public Works Department provides quality services for safe government buildings at affordable prices using state-of-the-art technology and years of practical experience.
What are the duties performed under the authority of the PWD minister?
The duties are performed under the authority of pwd minister Punjab are given by,
- Planning, design, construction, and maintenance of government buildings which are state capital assets.
- Construction and maintenance of monuments and memorials within the scope of government
- Implementation of area development projects in areas approved under MLAs and MPs as deposit work.
- Disaster construction operations such as tsunami restoration project construction work.
- Renovation and restoration of heritage buildings
- Constructions of buildings for federal affairs, State universities, etc., are depository jobs.
- Conduct research and development of materials and construction practices.
- Building valuation at the request of the Department of Surveillance and Anti-Corruption and Judiciary
- They assess the structural stability of public buildings and issue a certificate of reasonableness in the lease of private buildings used by government agencies.
What is the importance of irrigation in the PWD department?
The Public Works Department is one of the oldest government service agencies. Many of the dams are a testament to our engineering skills. The organization aims to deliver better services to the people by adopting the current electronic governance trend. The concept of artificial charging is better than water management and water source restoration with the involvement of water users in the project to maximize its benefits is well understood. The agency is working hard to maximize irrigation efficiency. They need to link internal rivers to divert water from floods and increase the capacity of water bodies to provide adequate water for irrigation, drinking, and other purposes.