Alexa is an AI-based virtual assistant technology developed by Amazon for Echo. In technical terms, Echo is an electronic wireless speaker that interacts with the user via sound. Alexa is a smart virtual assistant who can control and manage several smart devices independently, just on single voice command. A user can start a conversation with Alexa. All you have to say, “Alexa.” Once you are done with Alexa setup, you can do many things such as voice interaction, making to-do lists, set reminders, playing audiobooks, and much more in real-time.
So, it’s all about Alexa and Echo. If you have already purchased a new Echo device and you are looking for how to download the Alexa app for Amazon Echo setup, then you have landed on the right web page. Here you will find the easy and correct method for Alexa Echo setup.
Power Up Echo to Begin Alexa Echo Setup
First of all, you need to unbox your Echo device carefully. Now, with the help of an AC power adapter, connect your Echo. Plug-in the power adapter to an electric power outlet. Wait for a few minutes, let the ring light turns solid on your Echo device.
How to Download Amazon Alexa App?
Once you power on the Echo device, you need to download the Alexa app on your smartphone or PC. To do so, you need to consider the following steps:
For iOS and Android OS Device
- First of all, connect your smartphone or tablet to mobile data or WiFi network.
- Run the Google Play Store (Android) or Apple App Store (iOS).
- Search ‘Alexa’ in the search bar.
- Find and download the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Wait for a few minutes, allow the Alexa app to install correctly. That’s it! You made it.
For MAC and Windows OS Device
- Connect your desktop or laptop to the internet.
- Run Google Chrome (Windows) or Safari (MAC) on your desktop or laptop.
- Visit the alexa.amazon.com web page.
- Hit on the download button to install Alexa app on your device.
- Wait for a few minutes, let the Alexa app completely install on your device.
Steps to Connect Alexa to Echo
- Run the Alexa app on your smartphone or desktop.
- Visit the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on ‘Add new device.’ Click on the search option to find the new device nearby.
- Select your device from the list.
- Connect your Alexa to the Echo device.
Once Echo setup is done, then you need to connect your Echo to the WiFi network. After that, consider the following methods:
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone or desktop.
- Click on the ‘Devices.’
- Select your devices, then connect your device to WiFi.
That’s it! You are done here with Echo Dot Setup and Alexa setup completely. Now, you can enjoy it in many ways. If you have any issues regarding Alexa and Echo, get in touch with our experts anytime for Alexa setup help. Our highly experienced and talented technicians are always here to provide you with the best assistance. Feel free to get in touch with us.