The bedroom is the part of our home where we spend most of our time after a hectic day for relaxing and resting and of course during the night for sleeping. Everyone loves to have a spacious bedroom. Although many of you might have a smaller bedroom yet you can make it look bigger.
Also Read: Bow Hunting Tips
Having a smaller bedroom means space is limited only to a bed, a nightstand, etc. But then there are a lot of unique ideas of designing your bedroom in such a way where you can fit in different style into that limited space. Small bedrooms can be cozier and you can also save a lot of bucks of furnishing it. But you can definitely make the most of your small bedroom. Here are some of the most useful tips for doing so.
- A bedroom has a main wall where you get to put your bed. You can place your bed in the center of the main wall instead of pushing it to one side up against the adjacent wall. Having space on both the sides of your bed will be of more advantage to you since you will get to move about freely. Turnkey contractors will give you good suggestions in this case.
- When it comes to the wall colors of your bedroom remember that you are not limited to just painting them with white or any other neutral color. Again, don’t go against painting them with dark colors. Instead, just embrace the size and the moodiness of your small bedroom and choose colors accordingly. You can also choose colors such as the charcoal gray, navy blue or olive green which can look just absolutely perfect.
- Whether you go for a darker shade or a lighter one to paint the walls of your bedroom, using plenty of lightings can make your bedroom look less dark and claustrophobic. You can use overhead lighting such as a chandelier, bedside table lamps, floor lamps will work well for you.
- Most of you may not like sleeping in an all-white room. In that case, you can choose cooler colors in your bedroom like blue and grays which are opposed to the warm shades. Black and white may work well if you are into layering some patterns on the wall. Turnkey interior contractors are into these kinds of work.
- Having a smaller bedroom may not necessarily mean that you have to keep small sized furniture in your room. Normal sized furniture will be good enough for smaller bedrooms as it can make your bedroom look spacious. Tiny nightstands beside bigger bed frames can look weird. Choose furniture that will be multifunctional such as a large nightstand with drawers to keep your clothing if there is not much space for a dresser.
- A design trick that works great is the hanging drapery close to the wall of the ceiling. Pick your curtains for your bedroom whose fabric will match with the color of the walls. It looks good in small spaces.